Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Granny Scottie's recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten in a meassuring cup
- 1⁄2 cup milk (more or less to complete 1 cup of liquid)
- 4 tablespoons treacle (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450º F.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Cut margarine in to the mix, until pea zize bits.
- Mix eggs & milk in to the mix, until moist & sticky dough.
- Optional: Add treacle & mix.
- Knead dough 4 or 5 times on floured board.
- Divide dough into 3 equal balls, and pat each ball in to 5" circle, slightly higher on the center.
- Cut each circle into 4 wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- Serve warm filled with butter, jam, lemon curd or curdy & enjoy with a cup of tea.
i am eating one as i write this it is sooooooooo light ,fluufy and delitios and the amazing thing is that it is MOIST!!!!!
All i can say is WONDERFUL