Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found in response to a request on the boards and posted so Julie55 won't ever be without this recipe again! From: http://www.smbc.us/pdfdocuments/Sept-Octnews.pdf
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- flour, to dredge chicken
- seasoning salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Add oil and heat.
- Dredge pieces of chicken in flour then lightly brown chicken in butter mixture, turning as needed.
- When done,transfer chicken to baking dish. Top with seasoned salt.
- In medium bowl, combine soups, onion, celery, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and water. Mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Return casserole uncovered in preheated oven until chicken is tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting with sauce occasionally.
This chicken is soooooo good and I was sad when I lost the recipe. Thanks to Impera_Magna I can make this again. Wonderful with garlic mashed potatoes. Comfort food! I also made this with skinless boneless breasts and it was great!