- 12 turkish dried apricots (use organic and unsulphured apricots for quality and best flavor)
- 12 small pretzels (plus a few more in case any break)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (approximately)
- 12 mini chocolate chips (plus a few extra) or 12 currants (plus a few extra)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fish body: With an adult's help, make a slit on one end of each dried apricot. Note: I very lightly mashed the dried apricot before making the slit although this is optional.
- *Carefully* insert the bottom of a mini pretzel. Again, carefully pinch the apricot around the pretzel to hold it in place. It may require a few takes to get the hang of it.
- To make the fish eyes: pipe on a small dot of cream cheese (a plastic sandwich bag with a very [small corner] snipped off works well for this) and then press a mini chocolate chip or currant, tip down, into the cream cheese.
- Mouth: Snip the fish's mouth with a knife or pair of scissors. (see photo).
- I arranged the fish on a turquoise/blue platter. Ideal for a summer, Hawaiian/tiki/South Pacific, Finding Nemo/Little Mermaid-themed party, etc.!