Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love schnitzel and this is one my favorite ways to make it.
- 4 (4 ounce) pork cutlets, pounded thin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt and pepper cutlets.
- Drege the cutlets in egg and then coat with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry cutlets until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove cutlets from oil and drain excess grease on paper towel.
- Keep the cutlets warm while you make the wine sauce.
- Saute onions in butter until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and tomato paste to onions and saute.
- Add water, wine, paprika and parsley; let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour sauce over schnitzel before serving.