Recipe by gailanng
There's a step included where the fried cutlets are coated in lemon juice and butter. Feel free to omit that step, if desired, but it sure is good!
For the Schnitzel
- flour, as needed (for dredging)
- 2 large eggs, beaten for egg wash with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 314.66 ml fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced thin & gently pounded to an even 1/4-inch thickness
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 each lemons, juiced
- unsalted butter, melted and as needed (about 6 tablespoons)
For the Salad
- 1892.72 ml coarsely torn romaine lettuce
- caesar salad dressing, as needed (bottled or homemade)
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- The Make the Schnitzel: Place flour, beaten egg wash and fresh bread crumbs into three separate individual shallow containers.
- Season each chicken cutlet with salt and pepper. Dredge each in the flour, egg wash and finally the breadcrumbs.
- In a small shallow dish, mix lemon juice and 4 tablespoons butter; reserve.
- Working in batches, heat additional 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Saute 2 cutlets, being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook until the cutlets are brown and carefully turn to cook the other side. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F or approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove schnitzel from skillet and dredge through lemon butter. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board, let cutlets rest 3 to 4 minutes and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- To Assemble: In a large bowl, toss romaine with Caesar dressing.
- Portion romaine on 4 dinner plates and arrange chicken slices on top of each salad. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Garnish with tomatoes.