Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups coarsely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 6 ounces no yolk noodles, cooked (about 3 cups cooked)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, carrot and garlic; saute 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cover reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or untl vegetables are tender Combine flour, paprika, and water in a small bowl.
- Stir into tomato mixture; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Keep warm.
- Trim fat from pork; cut pork crosswise into 16 pieces.
- Place each piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten each piece to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with black pepper and salt.
- Place in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add pork, cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve vegetable mixture over noodles; top with pork slices.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Excellent. Although, I've never quite been able to make as 100% perfect as Mimi when she showed me how to make this. Fantastic. We serve it over buttered noodles.
This is a different Schnitzel than I usually make but it is very good! It has an Italian flavor. I did a couple of things differently -I made the sauce added 1 chopped Jalapeno and used hot paprika, set the sauce aside, Pounded the meat seasoned it and browned it on both sides, then placed the browned meat medallions in the sauce and let it rest for 3 hours, Heated the sauce & meat, made & cooked Spatzel, Placed the meat on the side of the spatzel with the sauce over the spatzel . Served with a Green Salad and a mushroom side dish Excellent meal - Thanks Mimi