Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a gluten free recipe approriate for us on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. It comes from Raman Prasad's 'Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.' We make this up as a double quantity and then serve it that night and save the leftovers for another night. Rice is scd illegal and only for other family members.
- 3 cups raw rice, cooked (SCD illegal, only for other family members)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin powder
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock (use vegetable stock to make this vegetarian)
- 3 zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- Cook rice.
- Sauté garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin & onions in peanut oil until onion is lightly browned.
- Add 1 cup of stock and tomatoes, zucchini & bell peppers and simmer until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add remaining stock and peanut butter and simmer for a further 5 minuets.
- Serve over rice,.