Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from the Fleishmann's yeast site. I'm posting because of a request. I haven't made this recipe, so please let me know how it turns out. Prep time includes time for rising.
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3⁄4 cup medium rye flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add molasses, salt, dry milk powder, vegetable oil, orange peel, anise seed, fennel seed, rye flour, dates, and 1 cup all-purpose flour, and mix well to combine.
- Stir in 1 to 1½ cups more all-purpose flour, to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead about 6 to 8 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12 x 7-inch rectangle.
- Beginning at the end, roll up tightly; pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Place, seam side down, in greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375º for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.