Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I originally got this from a "best" of fundraiser cookbooks collection. It is "stupid simple", and ideal for make ahead or potluck purposes. In fact, it demands to be made ahead - at least 24 hours. It has loads of sugar, but a lot of that is drained off.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peas and pearl onions
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Drain canned vegetables. Mix together with fresh chopped vegetables. Mix dressing (vinegar, oil, sugar, water, paprika) and pour over vegetables.
- Let stand 24 hours OR MORE in a covered container. Keeps well up to six weeks in the refrigerator.