Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from a scandinavian website. This is a great dish for dinner guests. it smell, tastes, and looks beautiful. Also, the best part is it is very easy to make.
- 6 large chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apricot brandy
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Remove skin from chicken breasts. Mix water, brandy, apricots and currants; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on both sides, about 15 minutes; drain fat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, thyme and pepper. Add apricot mixture and lemon slices.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook, spooning pan juices over chicken occasionally, until chicken is done, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.