Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Scallops cooked with a hint of wine, served with healthy vegetables over rice.
Make and share this Scallops With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup other dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops (the smaller size, not sea scallops)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup celery, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces snow pea pods, fresh (if frozen, thawed)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn, cracked
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- hot cooked rice
- Combine the water, wine, and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Add the scallops; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain scallops, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Set the scallops and liquid aside.
- Saute the mushrooms, green onions, and celery in butter in a large skillet until vegetables are tender.
- Add the snow peas, and saute an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine the reserved 1/2 cup scallop liquid, soy sauce, cornstarch, cracked pepper, lemon juice, and hot sauce; whisk together.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring frequently. Stir in the reserved scallops and the pimento; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately over rice.
This is by far the best scallop dish I have ever eaten, so full of flavor and texture, perfect blend of ingredients. "Top Restaurant" quality! Other than adding some olive oil with the butter to saut? the veggies I made as written and served over yellow rice. Thanks for posting this fabulous recipe breezermom, this goes into my "Best of 2012 Cookbook" Made for Mardi Gras Photo Tag.