Recipe by Shawn C
WOW what a way to spice up a candle light dinner. This should be served like an appetizer
Top Review by katindallas
This was a good recipe. I was disappointed because I bought my scallops just to make this and can't give it 5 stars for 2 reasons. One, my scallops got overcooked, and I followed the directions exactly. Two, I just felt like it was lacking in seasoning. That being said, the sauce was incredible and VERY easy. I would used this sauce on anything! I WILL try it again and will season the scallops beforehand and cook them for less time. Thank you for a good recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large skillet over med high heat melt butter and cook onion until tender.
- add scallops and mushrooms wine and lemon juice.
- reduce ehat to medium low cover and cook until scallops arejust tender about 15 minutes stir occasionally.
- in a small bowl blend flour salt and half and half gradually stir into scallop mixture cook until thickened.
- serve with parmesan on top and sprinkled with parsley.