3 hrs 30 mins
The fat content in this scallops, spinach, and pea pasta salad is minimal because the white wine vinegar and orange dressing is made without any oil. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces dried medium pasta shells
- 8 ounces sea scallops (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1For Dressing:
- 2In a small bowl stir together the orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, pectin, and sugar until smooth.
- 3Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 4Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 5Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- 6Meanwhile, thaw scallops, if frozen.
- 7Cut any large scallops in half.
- 8Bring water to boiling; add scallops.
- 9Return to boiling.
- 10Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- 12Rinse under cold running water.
- 13For salad, in a large bowl toss together cooked macaroni, cooked scallops, spinach, peas, onion, celery, and sweet pepper.
- 14Stir dressing; pour over salad.
- 15Toss to coat.
- 16Makes five 2-cup servings.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops and Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.0
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 137.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
powdered fruit pectin