Recipe by SweetSueAl
For us rhubarb lovers who want something different than pie. From the Jack Daniels Hometown Celebration Cookbook, Volume II
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter, stir in bread crumbs and set aside.
- Mix sugar and spices.
- Butter a 1-1/2 quart baking dish, cover bottom with 1/4 of the crumb mixture. Top with half of the rhubarb and half of the sugar mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour water gently over all. Top with remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours, rhubarb should be thoroughly cooked.
- Cover and cool for at least 1 hour before serving.