Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A very good recipe lightened with a little chicken broth. Good with all roasts.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4 lbs potatoes, peeled,cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375F.
- Rub ½ tblsp butter over 9 inch glass pie dish.
- Arrange 1/3 of potato slices in dish.
- Season to taste.
- Repeat layering and seasoning with remaining potatoes in 2 batches.
- Whisk cream and broth in small bowl.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Dot top with 1 tblsp butter.
- Bake until golden, about 55 minutes.
- Drizzle 3 tblsps cream over potatoes; bake about 15 minutes longer.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
This was a perfect companion dish to my Christmas Prime Rib. They came out perfectly and were easy to hold while the Prime Rib sat to prep for slicing! Excellent!
I loved these! They reminded me of dinner at my Mom's as she made scalloped potatoes often. They were so easy to put together. Mine baked for about 60 minutes because DH loves the tops real brown. I will make these again :) Nick's Mom
it doesn't get much simpler than this! one of my family's favorite side dishes, this is quick to throw together and bake. i seasoned with fresh ground white pepper and sea salt.