Recipe by Lorac
Perfect for family dinners, holidays or potluck suppers.
Top Review by Recipewrestler
Made this one for company on Saturday night. We all loved it. I didn't have time enough to "crock it" though, so I put the recipe into a 2 quart covered baking dish and put it in the oven at 350° for an hour. Since I had used the pre-packaged fresh hash-brown style potatoes, they cooked up nice and tender. I'll definitely make this dish again, but I'll try it in the crockpot next time. Thanks for this one, Lorac.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup, sour cream, onion, 1/4 cup butter, garlic salt, mustard and pepper in small bowl.
- Combine potatoes and cheese in slow cooker.
- Pour soup mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
- Sprinkle stuffing mix over potato mixture, drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
- Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or on High 5 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.