Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Perfect for family dinners, holidays or potluck suppers.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- Combine soup, sour cream, onion, 1/4 cup butter, garlic salt, mustard and pepper in small bowl.
- Combine potatoes and cheese in slow cooker.
- Pour soup mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
- Sprinkle stuffing mix over potato mixture, drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
- Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours or on High 5 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Made this one for company on Saturday night. We all loved it. I didn't have time enough to "crock it" though, so I put the recipe into a 2 quart covered baking dish and put it in the oven at 350° for an hour. Since I had used the pre-packaged fresh hash-brown style potatoes, they cooked up nice and tender. I'll definitely make this dish again, but I'll try it in the crockpot next time. Thanks for this one, Lorac.
This was a very good potato dish. It made a delicious creamy and cheesy sauce. I actually cooked mine on high for one hour and then on low for five hours. I think the cook time would depend on the size of your potatoes, although it wouldn't have hurt mine to have cooked longer. Lorac, thank you for the tasty recipe!
Took this to a pot luck dinner and it was gone!! I'd hoped to bring some home but that was not to be. So we'll be doing this again for a smaller crowd and I'll have my "planed overs".