Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on a recipe from Bon Appetit’s May 1984 issue, from a menu titled: Hearty Dinner from Portugal” in the Cooking for Two Elegant and Easy section. Be sure to get that broth boiling before you ladle it over those thinly sliced raw scallops! :) I haven’t yet tried this.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup bottled clam juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white port
- white pepper, freshly ground
- 2 ounces uncooked sea scallops, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons green onion tops, thinly sliced or 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- In small saucepan bring broths, clam juice and Port to boil.
- Season with pepper.
- Divide scallops between 2 bowls.
- Ladle over the very heated broth.
- Garnish with the green onions or chives and serve.
This is a very easy and light gourmet soup that my DS and I really liked! I could not find white port but used dry white wine. I also used baby scallops (unsliced) and they were great in this. Made for my ZWT5 teammate. Thanks mersaydees!