Recipe by Bobbie
Just came across this salad recipe - and decided to get it posted before I misplace it! It sounds like a great recipe. My husband doesn't care for blue cheese -- so I'll probably substitute it with some feta.
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach leaves, washed, stemmed and torn
- 3 thin slices red onions, halved and separated
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- ground red pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat spinach dry place in large bowl with red onion. Cover, set aside.
- Rinse scallops and cut in half horizonally (to make 2 thin rounds); pat dry. Sprinkle top side lightly with red pepper and paprika. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over high heat until very hot.
- Add half of the scallops, seasoned side down, in a single layer, placing 1/2 inch or more apart. Sprinkle with red pepper and paprika. Cook 2 minutes or until browned on bottom. Turn scallops; cook 1 to 2 minutes more until opaque in center. Transfer to plate; cover to keep warm. Wipe skillet clean; repeat procedure with remaining scallops.
- Place dressing in a small saucepan; bring to boil over high heat. Pour dressing over spinach and onion; toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates. Place scallope on top of spinach; sprinkle with blue cheese and walnuts.