Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Southern Living this homestyle gravy is good stuff!
Make and share this Sawmill Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (optional)
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling and cooking until no longer pink.
- Remove sausage and wipe skillet.
- Melt butter in same skillet over low heat.
- Whisk in flour and stir until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly until thickend and bubbly (about 12 minutes).
- Stir in sausage, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning if desired.
This is a very good gravy recipe. I did use the Italian Seasoning and will probably substitute garlic powder next time.
it was ok... just not my cup of tea