- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling and cooking until no longer pink.
- Remove sausage and wipe skillet.
- Melt butter in same skillet over low heat.
- Whisk in flour and stir until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk gradually and cook, stirring constantly until thickend and bubbly (about 12 minutes).
- Stir in sausage, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning if desired.