Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
My own recipe made with minced turkey. We call it "Thatch"... I have no idea where that name came from! I use Sage and Onion stuffing mix in the topping as it's the family's favourite - but you can try YOUR favourite.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 ounces cornflour
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 pint water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1⁄2 ounces herb stuffing mix
- 3 ounces light margarine spread
- 2 ounces low-fat cheese, grated
- Place veg & turkey in a flameproof casserole and cook, stirring until grains of meat are brown and separate.
- Mix 1oz of flour into water and stir into meat & veg mix.
- Add stock cubes.
- Cook until thickened, then simmer gently for 10 mins (without a lid).
- Season to taste.
- Mix stuffing, remaining flour and low fat spread until mixed to a crumbly texture (I mash with a long pronged fork).
- Spoon over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese & bake 375F/190C (170C fan) for 30 - 35 mins til top is golden.