Recipe by English_Rose
These savoury swirls are very pretty; they make perfect party food and are good for picnics and packed lunches, and children enjoy them too. If you are cooking for people who don't like spicy food, use paprika instead of the chilies.
- 6 ounces wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 teaspoon instant bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup soya milk
- 1 tablespoon tapenade
- 2 tablespoons mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chile, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the flour, oil, bouillon powder and soya milk in a bowl, mix together to form a dough, then divide into three equal pieces. On a floured work surface, roll out the dough into rectangles measuring 6x4in.
- Spread the tapenade and chopped mushrooms on one rectangle; the red pesto and chopped red peppers and chilies on another; and the cream cheese, scallions and herbs on the third.
- Roll each sheet up from a short end and cut each roll into six pieces. Place the savoury swirls on the prepared baking sheet, brush the tops with oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve the swirls hot with soup or cold with a selection of dips.