Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This pasta salad usually makes it grand appearance at a Memorial Day Weekend BBQ. I never have leftovers, but sometimes make a double batch and leave some at home. The next day this dish reaches pure nirvana. Most ingredients found in the cupboard.
- 1 lb penne
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- Cook penne pasta. Rinse, drain, and cool in fridge until needed.
- In a small food processor (4 cup) put garlic, and salt, mix into a paste.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, cumin, pepper, sugar, curry, and turmeric.
- Continue mixing with a pulse until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually pour in olive oil while con't mixing.
- When all olive oil added, open processor and pack in all the fresh parsley, cilantro, and basil.
- Pulse blend until they are chopped and incorporated into the sauce.
- Add the sauce to the cooled pasta.
- Mix in the kalmata olives, pine nuts, currants, and red onion.
- Refridgerate until ready to eat.