Chef Col B's Note:
This pasta salad usually makes it grand appearance at a Memorial Day Weekend BBQ. I never have leftovers, but sometimes make a double batch and leave some at home. The next day this dish reaches pure nirvana. Most ingredients found in the cupboard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon curry
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1Cook penne pasta. Rinse, drain, and cool in fridge until needed.
- 2In a small food processor (4 cup) put garlic, and salt, mix into a paste.
- 3Add lemon juice, vinegar, cumin, pepper, sugar, curry, and turmeric.
- 4Continue mixing with a pulse until thoroughly blended.
- 5Gradually pour in olive oil while con't mixing.
- 6When all olive oil added, open processor and pack in all the fresh parsley, cilantro, and basil.
- 7Pulse blend until they are chopped and incorporated into the sauce.
- 8Add the sauce to the cooled pasta.
- 9Mix in the kalmata olives, pine nuts, currants, and red onion.
- 10Refridgerate until ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Summer Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.0
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 369.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g