Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
1 1/2 inch pork chops stuffed with savory stuffing, bake total of 50 minutes and viola. All you need is a veggie and you have a satisfying dinner. I found this recipe in the Easy Everyday Cooking recipe book. Great basic recipe if you are craving porkchops. I have made some others on this site and was very pleased with them as well, but I find this one to be less time consuming and tastes great.
- 4 pork chops (1 1/2 inch thick, pick chops that are pale pink and have the least amount of fat on them. Darker cho)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim fat from chop cut a 2 inch pocket in each pork chop. Sprinkle each pocket with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms, saute until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in sage, salt, pepper and bread crumbs.
- Add enough broth to hold stuffing together, them spoon into pockets.
- Secure pockets with kitchen twine or toothpicks place on baking dish.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
I have this same recipe and enjoy it very much. I find that 2tb of liquid is usally not enough to moisten everything so I add a bit more a TB at a time until its just right. Thanks for posting!
I tried this recipe with a few minor changes - since I was only making dinner for 2 I adjusted the recipe by "eyeballing" most of the ingredients. I substituted the breadcrumbs with garlic breadsticks crumbled in a food processor; I also substituted the water /Veggie broth with some white wine. It turned out really great. Thanks K&W&c for a great recipe. BTW I also used the same basic mixture to stuff a chicken the next day and it also turned out great! Thanks again!