Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken breasts stuffed with a special seasoned cream cheese mixture and then breaded and baked until brown and crispy...YUM! I serve this with garlic mashed red- skinned potatoes and corn on the cob.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450. Put the butter in a 9x9 baking pan and put it in there while the oven is warming up.
- Combine the cream cheese, onion, garlic and seasonings. Mix well until blended.
- Pound chicken to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread each piece with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip in eggs and roll in cracker crumbs.
- Place in hot butter in baking pan and turn over to coat with butter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and browned nicely.
My husband and I loved this. I subbed the new Philly Cooking Creme in Savory Garlic for the cream cheese mixture. While the taste was excellent, the texture of the creme is too thin to be easily used. I also subbed bread crumbs because I didn't have any crackers. I would keep that substitution for convenience. However, I will definitely make this recipe again, following the instructions for the filling as listed. It was easy to make, and it was a new technique for me, since I have never rolled chicken before. I served with roasted potato cubes and corn. Thanks for sharing.
it was yummy! my husband liked it. the only thing i changed was that i used italian herb cream cheese so i wouldnt have to do extra work in adding in the seasonings myself.