Recipe by Chef Patience
This tart is not sweet, but it is good! Adapted from the Complete Baking cookbook.
Top Review by Dwynnie
As Evelyn said, this isn't very savory (it was sweeter than I expected, even after her review, and after I bumped up the cheese to 8 oz!) but is very nice! The texture was also more muffin-like than I expected, but still very good! This would be great for a brunch or shower and is very unique! I might also make this in mini-muffins for nice little bites. Thank you for the good recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, softened
- 3 1⁄2 ounces raisins
- 1 lb apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces smoked gouda cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line with parchment a 9 in springform pan or loose bottomed flan pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Stir in pecans, apples and raisins.
- Stir till combined.
- Beat eggs and add oil to them.
- Mix into dry ingredients.
- Incorporate fully.
- Put ½ of the mixture in the pan and flatten.
- Layer with gouda, then the other half of the mixture.
- Be sure to go all the way to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 45 min or until golden brown and firm.
- Cool slightly, then serve warm.