Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Absolutely delicious! Great served with Ciabatta or Francese bread or rolls.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 firm pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- pepper, ground to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and saute
- 10 minutes. Add carrots and saute an additional 10 minutes.
- Add potato and bell peppers and saute 10 minutes. Add pears,
- chicken stock, and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer soup in batches to a food
- processor or blender. Process until smooth. Reheat.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with creme
- fraiche and sprigs of parsley.
Yummy! This is absolutely delicious. My hubby tells me it's fine dining quality! I substitute 2 cups of milk for 2 of the cups of chicken broth. And I use one Asian pear instead of 2 North American pears because I'm living in Korea. I also double the garlic! And use a sweet potato instead of the russet potato.