Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this in a TOH flyer. It looks so good, I had to share!
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) round-bone chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, with liquid cut up
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- In a Dutch oven, brown the roast in oil. Remove and set aside.
- In the drippings, saute the onion and garlic until tender. Return roast to Dutch oven.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 C water, horseradish, browning sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Drain all but 2 cups of pan juices. Combine flour and remaining water, stir into pan juices. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy.
- This recipe could easily be made in a crock pot also; adjust time accordingly.