Recipe by HS Kinn
Soft bread with nice, crisp outer crust.
Top Review by pamelagroover
This is a wonderful recipe. So tasty and my family loved it. It is easy to make and I just put everything in the machine without proofing the yeast. I used a combination of fresh and dried herbs and did grind up the flax seeds. I will definitely make this one again.
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons onions
- 3 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by proofing your yeast. I do this by warming up the water, about a minute in most microwaves. You don't want it to boil, or you'll kill the yeast. That's not so good if you want your bread to rise.
- Once the water's heated, put in the 2 t of yeast and stir, and then set aside somewhere dark.
- Assemble the rest of your ingredients. I grind the flax right before I put it in the bread, because flax is very perishable. If you have any leftover, freeze it.
- Add flour, spices and ground flax to bowl or bread machine.
- Chop up the onion and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Check your water and yeast mixture. If it's bubbly, add it to the other ingredients.
- Add olive oil and agave.
- If you're using a bread machine, put it on the white bread cycle, or if you're like me, put it on the dough cycle, pull it out once that's finished and then bake it in a loaf pan at 400 degrees for thirty minutes in the oven.