1/7 Photos of Savory Mushroom, Spinach & Cheese Crepes
Out of my favorite book by Marie Simmons, Pancakes A to Z. Her husband John's recipe for a savory crepe filling. Packed with lots of fresh ingredients and can be made ahead & heated just before serving, making these crepes a perfect dish for company or a quick evening meal. Posted for Zaar World Tour 5. Prep time is an estimate & does not include making homemade crepes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 (6 inch) crepes (pre-made or homemade with one of the crepe recipes posted on Zaar)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 8 cups of any combination of white button, shiitake, oyster, portobello, chanterelles or whate)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, washed, stemmed & coarsely chopped
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Make crepes if using homemade & set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Heat the oil in a large skillet until hot enough to sizzle a slice of mushroom. Add the mushrooms all at once and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until they begin to brown. About 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in the parsley, thyme, garlic, salt & pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and stir in the spinach. Cover & cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 6Uncover & add the goat cheese, stirring until melted.
- 7Spoon mixture down the center of each crepe. Roll up crepes and arrange side by side in a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 8Cover pan with foil and heat until cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Mushroom, Spinach & Cheese Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.0
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 605.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: