Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
Out of my favorite book by Marie Simmons, Pancakes A to Z. Her husband John's recipe for a savory crepe filling. Packed with lots of fresh ingredients and can be made ahead & heated just before serving, making these crepes a perfect dish for company or a quick evening meal. Posted for Zaar World Tour 5. Prep time is an estimate & does not include making homemade crepes.
Top Review by Just_Ducky!!
Wow!! Yummy!! :D I halved the recipe as I knew my boys would not be interested (yay, more for me). So very very good, even the next day ! I used dried herbs as I didn't have fresh, increased the garlic because I love it. This will definitely be one of my easy go to recipes for my kid free weekends. I used Sunny Yukon's 'Anytime Crepes' Recipe #327593 for the crepes. Thanks so much for posting this wonderful recipe Tink!! Made & enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)
- 12 (6 inch) crepes (pre-made or homemade with one of the crepe recipes posted on Zaar)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 8 cups of any combination of white button, shiitake, oyster, portobello, chanterelles or whate)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, washed, stemmed & coarsely chopped
- 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Make crepes if using homemade & set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet until hot enough to sizzle a slice of mushroom. Add the mushrooms all at once and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until they begin to brown. About 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, garlic, salt & pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the spinach. Cover & cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Uncover & add the goat cheese, stirring until melted.
- Spoon mixture down the center of each crepe. Roll up crepes and arrange side by side in a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and heat until cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.