Strawberry and Cream Cheese Crepes
Adapted from Cooks.com, these are scrumptious. You may substitute my Basic Whole Wheat French Crepes recipe#102058 if you like.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (or frozen unsweetened & thawed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Beat the eggs, milk and water. Add flour and salt, beat just until smooth. Lightly oil a crepe pan or medium skillet. Heat the pan over medium heat. When pan is hot spoon 2 tablespoons batter into pan and rotate the pan to spread evenly. When edges of crepe are browned, turn crepe onto a plate.
- Place cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar in mixer. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the strawberries. Add lemon juice and sugar. Toss lightly. When ready to serve spoon 2 tablespoons filling into each crepe and roll up. Arrange crepes seam side down on plate. Serve immediately with fruit sauce. You may top with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
- Makes 12 servings, 1 crepe each.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
OMG... I cannot believe that "I" actually can make a crepe! Funny part is, we had just gotten home around 11 p.m. last night after fireworks, and my neighbor and myself decided to whip these up for our hubbys. (I have to say, if her and I could make these after quite a few cocktails, and neither of us had tried them before, then ANYONE call pull this off!) We didn't change anything, except we did put a tiny bit of strawberry sauce inside before rolling them up. Delicious! Thank you for posting. (Made for Name That Ingredient tag)1Reply
see 16 more