Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fresh mushrooms and fresh herbs combined for a tasty side dish.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 24 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally,'til mushrooms are tender (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in parsley before serving.
You just can't go wrong with mushrooms sauteed in butter - one thing missing for me though and that was garlic. I HAD to add 2 minced cloves to this amount of mushrooms!
What a wonderful blend of flavours! This smelled so good while it was cooking and I could hardly wait to try them. I have been using a bit of tarragon lately and really enjoy that flavour. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.