I got this from a small lodge in Colorado on vacation; they served this every morning for breakfast with fresh fruit and vanilla yogurt. It's sweet, warm and sticks to your bones. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (NOT instant)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (less at altitude)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries (can also use other dried fruits, cherries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1Mix oil, sugar, and eggs, beat until yellow and glossy.
- 2Add remaining ingredients except fruit. Beat until well-mixed.
- 3Stir in fruit, pour in a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- 4Bake at 350F for approx 30 minutes.
- 5If the top gets too dark, stir during baking.
- 6Serve warm in a bowl, mixture will be crumbly, top with fresh fruit and yogurt.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Inn Oatmeal Bake
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.4
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 365.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 11.0 g