These muffins are really good and different. Everybody at work just loved them and wanted the recipe. I got this from another Wal-Mart recipe card (usually in the produce section).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 12 standard-size muffin cup pan with cooking spray.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl and stir to blend well.
- Mix buttermilk, eggs, sour cream and oil in medium bowl to blend.
- Add herbs and lemon peel.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, do not over mix.
- Drop batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Brush tops lightly with melted butter.
- Bake muffins 15 minutes, brush tops again with butter.
- Continue baking until golden on top about 12 minutes longer.
- Turn muffins out onto cake rack.
- Serve warm with cream cheese.
I'm sorry, but these were really bland and unflavorful. As I was making it seemed like I a little salt should be added, but I went against my instincts & followed the recipe exactly & it was totally bland. On the plus side, the texture was nice and it was pretty quick to make, esp. since I was in need of something in a jif to dunk into a soup I'd already made for dinner. (Immersed in the soup they took on flavor, but on their own they really taste like nothing.) I don't *think* I'd ever make again, but if I did I'd definitely add salt, and probably something else as well for some flavor (herbs? a spice? some shredded cheese? garlic? I don't know..). Sorry :-(