The roast is rubbed with horseradish for a nice flavor that goes well with the vegetables.
Make and share this Savory Crock Pot Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Rub meat with horseradish and place in crock pot.
- Add other ingredients, except sour cream.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 9-10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- If you are available, turn meat over, midway during cooking.
- Take meat out of crock pot, allow to rest about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- In the meantime, whisk the sour cream with 1 cup of the juices from the pot, and serve as a sauce for the sliced meat.
This was absolutely delicious. My husband looked a littles skeptical when he saw me rub the roast with horseradish, but he raved about the results. Will definitely make this again.
An absolutely wonderfull flavor combination! Because I was cooking for two, I used 1 large diced onion, 3 sliced large carrots, and left out the potatoes in favor of serving mashed. This maybe why I wound up with a luscious horseradish infused pot roast and 6 cups of soup. I poured the liquid into a saucepan and cooked it down until it reached a stew consistancy. I didn't understand the last step about using only one cup of the pan juices to mix with the sour cream to serve as gravy. I wondered if you were supposed to add that mixture back to the rest of the pot liquid. Instead, I mixed a full cup of sour cream with all the remaining liquid, added a bit of salt and pepper and - Voila!! The Sauce ! A wonderfull balance of beef, horseradish, apple and sour cream! Thanks, Sue L - a keeper and I am looking fowards to the leftovers.
I put this on this morning before I went to work, and my husband and daughter ate it. I forgot to tell them to mix in the sour cream, but they loved it anyway! Thanks for a yummy way to fix a chuck roast!