Recipe by Sue Lau
The roast is rubbed with horseradish for a nice flavor that goes well with the vegetables.
Top Review by surus
This was absolutely delicious. My husband looked a littles skeptical when he saw me rub the roast with horseradish, but he raved about the results. Will definitely make this again.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar prepared horseradish
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup cider
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub meat with horseradish and place in crock pot.
- Add other ingredients, except sour cream.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 9-10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- If you are available, turn meat over, midway during cooking.
- Take meat out of crock pot, allow to rest about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- In the meantime, whisk the sour cream with 1 cup of the juices from the pot, and serve as a sauce for the sliced meat.