Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made up recipe when the cupboard was bare! Make it more of a casserole by adding leftover chopped chicken and shredded cheese!
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄16 teaspoon thyme leaves (or a pinch)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 10 1⁄4 ounces celery soup (undiluted)
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 8 1⁄2 ounces Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F (temp will be reduced for baking).
- In a bowl, combine egg, sage, thyme leaves, and onion.
- Add undiluted celery soup. Stir to combine.
- Heat water to boiling in a microwavable cup, add chicken granules and stir to dissolve.
- Add water/chicken granules mixture to other ingredients in bowl; stir to combine.
- Add cornbread mix and optional chopped chicken and cheese; stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a 8x8-inch Pyrex dish, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place Pyrex dish into oven; IMMEDIATELY REDUCE TEMPERATURE TO 350.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Bottom on cornbread will be lightly browned, the top will be slightly cracked, with the middle still moist.
- Cool for five minutes, then cut into squares to serve.