Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
Don't let the healthful aspect of this recipe fool you, it's great! Served like a quiche, it's easy to pair with a veggie and salad for a great meal. Can easily be made vegan.
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley (or use dried)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion (or 1 med. onion)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or use vegan cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 cups silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup plain soymilk (or milk)
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons herbs (thyme, sage, basil, rosemary)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Combine rice, parsley, scallions (or onions)and cheese. (You may saute onions first.).
- In blender, combine tofu, milk, pepper, spices and hot sauce until well mixed.
- Combine rice and tofu mixtures.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot.
- (I think it takes even better the next day when the flavors have blended and mellowed.).