Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a savory black currant sauce that makes a wonderful accompaniment to duck, pork and game. The sauce can be made several hours ahead of time. Re-warm it over low heat before serving. Recipe from Chef Sallie Williams.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup black currant jelly
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium size heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute until transparent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the brandy, jelly, mustard and wine.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.