Black Currant Cumberland Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This sauce is easy to do, but needs to be cooled overnight for flavors to develop. Use either fresh currants or frozen currants.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces black currants, about 2 cups
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large blood orange, juiced and zested (or other orange)
- 1⁄2 cup ruby port
- 1 tablespoon ruby port
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil, over medium high heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until currants have popped and sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Cool, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION