Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom has always made this delicious dish with zucchini from her garden. I added soy sauce to her recipe - it gives it really good flavor. This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, etc.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Lightly brown the butter. Add onions and sautee until soft.
- Add Zucchini and a splash of soy sauce, salt and pepper. I also add a little seasoning such as Mrs. Dash. Mix well. Sprinkle generously with grated parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat, cover pan and allow zucchini to steam-cook until soft but not too mushy.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese again before serving.
We got our first zucchini out of our garden. I used two tablespoons of butter and didn't add any parmesan cheese. This recipe is so simple yet oh so good. Hubby said I could make this again tomorrow night. He and I loved it.
We started eating away at this before we added the soy and really loved it - so we didn't add the soy. This was so simple and easy! Thanks!
Even though I chose not to use parmesan cheese or butter to fry in, this still has great flavor with the soy. I used red onion also. Thanks for sharing this recipe and glad I tagged for Spring's PAC 08'