Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the back package of a bag of Pictsweet brand frozen corn kernels. I enjoy finding recipes serendipitously! In summertime, try this using fresh corn! I'd also be inclined to add a few slices of red onion if the mood struck me.
- 1 lb frozen corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, choppped
- 2 small roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- Bring water to boil in pot, reduce heat and steam corn on stovetop for approximately 5 minutes or until corn kernels are no longer frozen.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and add pecans. Saute the pecans, stirring constantly until lightly browned.
- Add the steamed corn, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Heat through until very hot.
This was awesome. I used fresh sweet corn and fresh tomatoes from the garden and just warmed them with the sauteed pecans. Made for CQ 2014.
I loved this recipe. The pecans intrigued me and made this simple dish elegant and different and "roasty"! I did saute fresh corn in my cast iron skillet and added a little of the corn milk by scraping the corn cob. Thanks for posting! made for Culinary Quest 2014!
this is a good fried corn recipe that you could add to thanksgiving dinners for the vegans among you made for southern leg of the tour cakepops on parade