Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Just like the spinach side dish I had at an expensive Chicago steak house! I only use fresh spinach for this, but it can be used with frozen. Just substitute 4 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen spinach leaves, thawed and drained, for the fresh spinach. Cook mushrooms and garlic as directed. Add spinach; cook until heated through, stirring frequently. Continue as directed. From Kraft foods website.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs fresh spinach leaves, cleaned, torn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Cheese
- HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- ADD spinach; cook and stir 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted but still bright green.
- STIR in salt and pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
This was delicious! Would also be very good inside an omelette.
YUMMY!! So easy and delicious. Used baby portabella mushrooms and can't wait for the local morel mushrooms to start popping up so I can use them in this recipe. Also want to try with a little crushed red pepper like another suggested. Thanks Becky!!
Fantastic! I've made this three or four times now and I love it. I only make enough for me and I eat it for lunch. Very yummy!