Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy and healthy side dish that goes well with grilled meats or fish.
- 1 bunch kale, washed and trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add kale and salt. Cover and cook, stirring once, for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Return kale to pot. Drizzle with olive oil. Reheat. Add lemon juice, red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Toss and serve.
Excellent Recipe I've added to my weekly collection. Its so easy and tastes yummy! GO KALE!
If you have troubles getting your kids or family to eat vegetables, this one will win them over. I mixed the parmesan in while in the pot, but next time I will cook without it and use the parmesan as a garnish.