Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lovely side dish for most meat dishes.
Make and share this Sauteed Fennel recipe from Food.com.
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cut the fennel in half and remove any brown outer layers. Carefully open and run under cold water.
- Cut the halves into quarters and cut out the centre core. Cut once more into 1/8 pieces.
- In a heavy frying pan heat the oil and add the fennel. Cook the fennel for about 5 minutes or until the fennel begins to brown. Add the thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for another 5 minutes and then remove the lid. Place the fennel in a serving dish and sprinkle over the fresh parsley on top. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
A nice little side dish that I served with roasted chicken and mashed potatoes. Very simple to prepare too. Thx for sharing this Terese.