Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cremini mushrooms, brushed clean with damp towel
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and butter.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt, pepper and thyme then cook 15 minutes until evenly browned and tender.
- Add wine and deglaze the pan. Add parsley and transfer mushrooms to a serving dish.
Delicious, flavorful and easy to prepare. I love the combination of thyme with mushrooms. I did add about an additional tbsp. of oil b/c my mushrooms needed a bit more moisture. Other than that, I followed your recipe to a T. It is so lovely and such a keeper!