Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This a adapted from a cookbook called "Salads and Summer Dishes". It's a quick and easy way to prepare courgettes. ZWT REGION: New Zealand.
- 450 g courgettes (1 lb)
- 25 g butter (1 oz)
- 15 ml vegetable oil (1 Tablespoon)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 15 ml fresh chives (1 Tablespoon)
- Wash, dry, and thinly slice courgettes.
- Heat butter and oil together, add courgettes and saute uncovered for 6-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Add lemon rind and juice and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish, snip fresh washed (and shaken) chives over the courgettes and serve immediately.
This is one of those seemingly rare recipes where the ratio of effort to reward yields exceedingly high value! I thought they were great.
This is so light and refreshing because of the lemon. I suggest everyone to try it with roasted chicken or fish. Lovely vegetable side.
Really great side dish kiwidutch! Used a mandoline to slice the zucchinis, so they were really really thin!! Also used lime juice (as I didn't have lemon around). Nice fresh taste. Will make it again! Thanks kiwidutch!