Recipe by kiwidutch
This a adapted from a cookbook called "Salads and Summer Dishes". It's a quick and easy way to prepare courgettes. ZWT REGION: New Zealand.
- 450 g courgettes (1 lb)
- 25 g butter (1 oz)
- 15 ml vegetable oil (1 Tablespoon)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 15 ml fresh chives (1 Tablespoon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, dry, and thinly slice courgettes.
- Heat butter and oil together, add courgettes and saute uncovered for 6-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Add lemon rind and juice and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish, snip fresh washed (and shaken) chives over the courgettes and serve immediately.