Healthy Lebanese Tabbouleh, No Tomato, No Cucumber Version!
- Ready In:
- 225 g bulgur or 225 g cracked wheat
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped (green onions)
- 125 g fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice and zest of
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- of fresh mint (to garnish)
- Cover burgul/ cracked wheat with cold water in a bowl, there should be about 2.5cm (1 inch) water above the wheat. Soak for 30 minutes, use a sieve to drain it well and spread it out on a clean tea towel to dry off it bit.
- Using a blender or food processor finely pulse parsley and mint.
- Mix the cracked wheat, mint, parsley, spring onions, olive oil, lemon rind and juice together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh mint sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!