Recipe by Charlotte J
From a Bon Appetit recipe card
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
This was muy sabroso (very tasty) and remarkably easy to put together. However, the recipe doesn't tell you what to do with the tomatoes. So, I just put them in the pan with the chicken towards the end and warmed through. I used Spanish paprika and olive oil and the only change I made was to just slightly fry off the shallots before putting them in the dressing. This was simply because I am not a fan of a raw onion taste. My husband commented that it was nice which is high praise from him. Made for the Chow Hounds for ZWT5.
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot paprika, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crumbled saffron
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 head frisee, torn apart
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and saffron in medium bowl.
- Mix in 3 tablespoons oil, shallots, and 1 tablespoon thyme.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken breast halves with remaining 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 tablespoon thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Add to skillet and saute until cooked through, turning often, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to work surface and slice.
- Divide frisee among 4 plates and top with sliced chicken.
- Spoon vinaigrette over and serve.