Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty winter-warmer-upper for those living in the snow-belt.
Make and share this SAUTEED CHICKEN with CURRIED APPLES recipe from Food.com.
- Trim breasts of fat.
- Season chicken with 1 tsp curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add sugar and apples.
- Saute until apples soften- about 8 minutes.
- Remove apples and add remaining 1 tbsp butter to pan.
- Add chicken breasts and remaining curry powder.
- Saute for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Pour in wine and bring to boil.
- Reduce liquid until only about 2 tbsps remain.
- Reduce heat.
- Add yogurt OR whipping cream.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- DO NOT LET THE YOGURT BOIL!
- When sauce is thickened and chicken juices run clear, stir in the apples.
- Sprinkle with chopped mint.
- Serves 4.
Great recipe ! I would add a bit more curry but I am a real curry lover and it needed more heat. So easy and so fast to come together.
Oh wow this was phenomenal! And so quick and easy. The flavors were simply amazing. I used yogurt and loved that it a healthier recipe that packs a gourmet punch! I did have to add more sherry as the breasts took a little longer to cook. Next time I will try and pound my chicken breasts to make them cook more evenly/quickly (one of them was so thick it took forever to cook). Thanks so much for another wonderful recipe, Gerry!