Creole Tomato Soup (Low Fat)
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans reduced-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a Dutch Oven over medium heat, melt margarine.
- Add green pepper, onion, garlic and 3 tablespoons of the broth. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft (about 10 minutes). If liquid begins to evaporate, add a little more broth.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for at least 15 minutes, or until green pepper is tender and flavors are well blended.
- Serve hot.
- Soup will keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days and then reheated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.