Recipe by Chef PotPie
We love chicken salads at our house, but when I read this, (out of Cook's Country magazine to which I subscribe, June/July 2007), I decided that this is the way I will do chicken breast for chicken salad from now on! No more poached chicken breast for us. We'll take the flavor punch of the sauteeing...Slapping myself on the forhead...why didn't I ever think of this?!
Top Review by meganleigh95
Very good recipe. I had only made chicken in the oven and on the grill before this so it was a totally new experience for me and it turned out great. I over salted it a little so I'll use less next time but is definitely one I will be using again in the near future!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes, then cut into 1/2 inch dice.
- Can be held in refrigerator up to 2 days.